Skip to main content

November Ipsy Bag Product Reviews

   November was an exciting month for me because I finally jumped on the bandwagon of joining a beauty subscription service. I choose Ipsy because I had heard the most about it and it's super cheap at only $10 a month. Let me say it again...$10 to try out 4-5 beauty products (some full size) from drugstore to high end AND you receive a small makeup bag. Really you can't go wrong because makeup bags alone are around $5-7 for a travel size. With the holidays coming up as well, this would be a great gift for that beauty lover in your life.

   I've seen most beauty bloggers/vloggers do "unboxings" with their subscription services, but I've decided to do something a little different. Once I receive my bag each month I'll do a small post about what I got but nothing too in depth, basically a picture and  tiny description of each product. Over that month I'll test out each product and then give a more detailed post that will include retail prices, where to purchase, and my opinions. 

So let's go ahead and get started with what I thought about my November Ipsy Girl Meets Glitter Bag. Please excuse the picture, it's just something I snapped really quick to upload to Instagram when I received the bag. 


November Ipsy Bag- Girl Meets Glam
 (Top) J Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion
(L to R) Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Hairspray, Temtu Highlight in Pink Pearl, IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer in Neutral Medium, Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Eye Base in Submissive



1). November's Glam Bag went along with the glitter theme quite well...unlike any other item in m bag. The bag is silver, sparkly, adorable, 100% girly & perfect to throw in your purse for the upcoming holiday season. The zipper is on the top, which I prefer, and I can fit quite a few products inside. My plan is to fill it with several essentials and a few other products so that touch ups will be simple during the Christmas travels to everyone's house.


2). J Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion-  Retails for $4.99
     Since I'm a total lipstick junkie I was super excited to receive this FULL SIZE lip paint in such a beautiful color. These are carried by Ulta in a few shades online, but J Cat Beauty offers these in 17 different colors on their website that range from a soft nude pink to a straight up gold. 
     Application was a bit messy in the beginning, but I've found that the best way to work with these is by squeezing a little onto the back of your hand and applying with a lip brush. The formula is a bit wet when you put it on so I didn't rub my lips together or anything before it dried. However, once it dried, which didn't take long, I was good to go.            
     Red Potion, the color I received, had awesome pigmentation and it stayed on for a reasonable amount of time. Even after eating lunch and drinking through a straw my lips were stained with color so it didn't completely vanish. Overall I was very happy with the performance or the product, the price point is fantastic for all budgets, and I will definitely be purchasing a few more colors. 


3). Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Hairspray- Retails for $7.99
     Let me start by saying I am absolutely in love with this hairspray and will be repurchasing it very soon. They sell it at both beauty stores and drugstores, I'll be getting mine from Walgreens and using my points to purchase it so it will end up being super cheap or even free with my rewards. If you want to try the product before buying the full size, Ulta also sells a travel size (which is what I have) for only $2.99.
   This is a scented hairspray but it's not overwhelming or flowery or fruity, it reminds me of a salon. Just stop what you're doing, head to the store, and smell it...lol. I've used Tresemme hairspray for years because it seems to be what works best with my curly hair until I tried this. It leaves behind no stickiness or residue which is sometimes a problem with other products. Since I have curly hair it tends to be flat on the upper half and poofy at the bottom some days, but I spritzed this right at the roots and it gave me instant volume. As far as hold I would say it's medium but it's a product that you can use throughout the day and still have your hair feeling fresh and light.  


4). Temptu S/B Highlighter in Pink Pearl- Retails for $27.50
     I received a sample in the color Pink Pearl & Temptu also offers this highlight in Champagne Shimmer, Gold Shimmer (I want), and White Shimmer. I thought this was more of a cream highlight, but it's more of a liquid although not too runny. This is great for any area that you want to highlight because it goes on sheer but it's also buildable for a more dramatic effect. Since it has a pink tone to it, I'm wondering if this one is the most natural looking out of the other 3 colors. I think the Gold Shimmer would probably be great for a bronzy look or a night, but again you can build up the Pink Pearl easily. This blends beautifully and you can also mix it in with your foundation for an all over glow without it being harsh or too shimmery. 
     I've found that this is super easy to work with and I've used it all over my face. For an extra pop on the inner corners of my eye, I've dabbed this on and then topped it with a highlight powder and vice versa. This was the first non powder highlight I've used and I love it. Even though I received a small sample in my bag, a little goes a long way and this will last me for a while. 



5). IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer- Retails for $24.00
     *Claims: An award-winning Anti-Aging, full coverage treatment concealer that delivers highly pigmented natural-looking perfect coverage. Bye Bye Under Eye® uses Anti-Aging technology to help treat the appearance of lines, wrinkles and discoloration, conceal dark circles, age spots and redness, conceal facial imperfections without settling into lines and wrinkles; and helps to diffuse the appearance of wrinkles instantly.
     This concealer does work for me and I usually have light to dark under eye circles and slight redness at times. As far as how it does with fine lines and wrinkles, I can't speak for that, but I will be testing it out on my mother soon (I'll update afterward). This product is creamy and blends out easily without feeling cakey or too thick. It also last on my face all day long without touch ups (I do set it with powder after applying). A little bit really does go a long way with this product so I feel like the sample size I received is big enough for me to get man uses from and decide if I want to purchase the full size or not. 



6). Be A Bombshell Eye Base in Submissive- Retails for $14.00
     *Claims: A high pigmented, long lasting product that can be used as a single cream color or used as an eye base to build color.
     Ipsy distributed the color Submissive, which is like a bronze, copper, gold mix, it's a pretty color that would look great on everyone. It is a cream product and I did find that it creased quite a bit after a few hours of wear. I have not worn this as a shadow alone because the pigmentation is not as great as I expected or would like. I have used it as a base for browns and greens or popped a little in the middle on my eyelid to finish off my look. I will not be purchasing this product, I think the Maybelline Color Tattoos are much better and they are also less expensive. 




Let me know if you like the Ipsy review, if so I'll continue to do it after I've had time to use each product and form an opinion. I did receive my December bag the other day so keep an eye out to see what was inside. 








      

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gracelynn Rose Designs & GIVEAWAY

Today I'm very excited to introduce everyone to Gracelynn Rose Designs! The owner, Stephanie, is one of my closest and dearest friends that I consider more of a sister. The first time we met it was instant friendship, now we've known each other for 5 years. Even though we're currently thousands of miles apart it's as if we never left. Swirly Pink Black Lampwork Swarovski Crystal Bracelet Stephanie has been designing her own jewelry since 2001 and selling it to customers along with a few stores. Each design is her own, delicately handcrafted, and unique. She did an entire jewelry line based on Twilight (which of course I loved every piece) that was so beautiful AND she sold a line of pearl & crystal bracelets to David's Bridal and those were stunning. For my birthday Stephanie sent me a pair of earrings in the mail and I fell in love with them and wear them every chance I get. Might I add that they are 1 of a kind, not another pair like them...   It&

Short on Inspiration?

HOLY COW! There is so much inspiration out there for denim shorts! Usually I'm more of a skirt/dress person in the spring and summer, but I'm just really feeling all the cool shorts out there and wanna be a part of it all. I wish you could all come to my house and have a big ole' DIY party, sip on mojitos, laugh, and have a good time. Instead it looks like the hubby is gonna be helping me out because I can't wait any longer to do this. Originally I was going to wait on this post until after I finished making the shorts, but I just couldn't wait. I mean can you tell how excited I am about this?  Okay, so I can't tell you ALL the ideas that are running around in my mind that I'm sure is run by mignons , then there would be no element of surprise. But here are a few... My two faves are the purple & green dyed and the flag shorts! Tonight I am going to the Airmen's Attic to scout around for good denim that I can turn around and destroy. The Airme

E.L.F. Cosmetic Brushes...Fave or Fail?

    Admittedly I've been using the same Mary Kay makeup brushes for a while now, along with a few other random brands thrown in. I was just satisfied with my MK brushes because they washed well and have help up for a really long time. But it was definitely time for a whole new set and I had trouble making up my mind on which makeup brushes to try. At first my plan was to snag a few from different companies to see what I liked best, but then E.L.F. Cosmetics had a 50% off sale with free shipping over $35. Naturally I had to give it a shot since I was getting so much bang for my buck. I already knew that I wasn't too fond of their cheaper $1 brushes so I opted for the Studio Line which ranges from $3-$10 and I'd heard great reviews. All together I got 15 brushes (1 didn't make it to the picture) for only $37, definitely a steal! Keep reading to find out if it was worth it.     I am extremely pleased with these E.L.F makeup