Wednesday, February 22, 2012

How to Wear? Thigh High Boots

I love thigh high boots! My husband bought me a platform pair a few years back and they seriously come up to the middle of my thigh with like a 4 1/2 inch heel. But, it is sometimes hard to style these boots because #1 you have to not look like a girl that works the streets and #2 you have to be careful not to show too much skin with such sultry boots. Sometimes I can feel people staring at me when I wear them but I don't care, let them stare.
THB= Thigh High Boots

I've put together 3 outfits, similar ways in which I sport my THB's. 
Thigh High Boots





#1. This is probably the most simple way that I go. Black leggings, denim/chambray top that is long enough to cover the bum, and a statement necklace. You can also change out the denim top for a plaid one for 2 different looks. Wanna dress it up a little more? Throw on a fur vest or jacket

#2. THB's and dresses...a harder combo to get right because again, nothing that shows too much skin OR that's really fitted/bodycon. I choose a jumper dress because it doesn't cling to the body but will still show off a peek of those luscious legs. For jewelry I layered a few long strand necklaces that were all in the same color tones.

#3. A tweed jacket kicks this look up a notch beyond just cut offs and a t-shirt. In the spring throw on a sheer jacket instead, to keep the look balanced. Pile on some simple bangles with a couple cool and unique rings = a tad bit rocker/edgy once you add the THB's. (Add tights/leggings if needed)

How do you wear your THB's?

Don't forget to send in your readers looks as well, click here for more info.

2 comments:

  1. Love the dress combo with the boots, great look!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://urbanumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now following you, please follow me back at:

    inaSHOEWRECK.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment, I read each one. Don't forget to subscribe to Polka Dot Life!