Skip to main content

Voyager la Côte d'Azur- Cannes & Nice

   Living in Italy for 4 years has given us many opportunities to travel and we've thoroughly enjoyed every bit of that and will miss is dearly. So much that I cringe a little at the fact of moving back stateside. One place that a lot of people don't think to go to, would be the French Riviera. This is mostly a beach, nightlife, and gambling spot but we did none of those things. Why? Well for starters it was too flippin cold to worry about getting in the water, and no partying/gambling because we had our 5 year old daughter with us for this trip as well. Either way we had an amazing time, ate lots of wonderful food, and had the chance to see some beautiful things while there. St. Paul-de-Vence, Cannes, Nice, and Monaco were on the agenda along with a long, exhausting bus ride there and back. Even though I slept like crap and was uncomfortable during the 8 hours bus ride, it was well worth it.

  
   Our first stop was Cannes, which of course is most famous for the Cannes Film Festival that takes place in May. We did get our picture taken on the red carpet where all the celebs go and browsed through the hands of fame.
Angelina Jolie, Johnny Hallyday, & Meg Ryan

   I was totally bummed that the weather sucked the day we were there because the beaches looked gorgeous. If it hadn't been so cold, windy, and a little rainy we would have at least put our feet in and walked on the sand.

Cannes beach in the morning

   There was also a magnificent antique market going on while we were there. I really wish the prices weren't so darn expensive because there were several things that really caught my eye. Unfortunately there were so many signs on the tables saying no photos. The antique cameos were beautiful, unlike many that I've seen before, the cheapest I found was 160 euro. Silver serving trays, French books, lace, and much more. I kept thinking to my myself, okay this is what I would do with that. But you know how it is when your husband is there with you and you're trying to look through stuff? They just don't understand antiques...lol. There is an antique market here in my town the 1st Sunday of the month, I will be going to that since we are moving soon and will post pictures. So back to France. In the center of town there was an old carousal, coincidence of being right next to the antique market maybe, but the perfect touch. I literally stood there and stared at it for a few minutes just imagining this carousal in it's hay day. Even without the actual up & down pieces, it's just simply beautiful in it's own way.

  
   Let me tell you about French food...OMG, heaven, paradise, tasty, mouth watering, everything I hoped it would be...does that pretty much wrap it up? Our lunch was 7 euro each and that included sandwich, drink and dessert. I had the most amazing chicken baguette sandwich! It only had (juicy & tender) chicken, lettuce, tomato, and cheese but the sauce took it over the top. I know there was some horseradish in there but not sure what other ingredients they used, I may have to see how close I can come myself. My husband and I took forever to decide on which desserts to get, we went with a white chocolate cream & a honey cream pastry. You can't even say these don't look friggin awesome!
The best desserts!

   The 2nd stop was Nice and to be honest we didn't really do a lot here besides walk around the town, look in shops, and eat more food. We thought there was going to be more time in Nice but we didn't get there until late afternoon and left at 830 am to head for another town. However, the crowd without kids did go clubbing and from the looks of them the next morning, they had a pretty fun time. But I would like to share a few pictures of the beautiful church and more delicious food that we had.
Church in Nice, France

Church in Nice, France

Check back in a few days for Part 2 which includes Monaco & St. Paul-de-Vence!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gracelynn Rose Designs & GIVEAWAY

Today I'm very excited to introduce everyone to Gracelynn Rose Designs! The owner, Stephanie, is one of my closest and dearest friends that I consider more of a sister. The first time we met it was instant friendship, now we've known each other for 5 years. Even though we're currently thousands of miles apart it's as if we never left. Swirly Pink Black Lampwork Swarovski Crystal Bracelet Stephanie has been designing her own jewelry since 2001 and selling it to customers along with a few stores. Each design is her own, delicately handcrafted, and unique. She did an entire jewelry line based on Twilight (which of course I loved every piece) that was so beautiful AND she sold a line of pearl & crystal bracelets to David's Bridal and those were stunning. For my birthday Stephanie sent me a pair of earrings in the mail and I fell in love with them and wear them every chance I get. Might I add that they are 1 of a kind, not another pair like them...   It&

Short on Inspiration?

HOLY COW! There is so much inspiration out there for denim shorts! Usually I'm more of a skirt/dress person in the spring and summer, but I'm just really feeling all the cool shorts out there and wanna be a part of it all. I wish you could all come to my house and have a big ole' DIY party, sip on mojitos, laugh, and have a good time. Instead it looks like the hubby is gonna be helping me out because I can't wait any longer to do this. Originally I was going to wait on this post until after I finished making the shorts, but I just couldn't wait. I mean can you tell how excited I am about this?  Okay, so I can't tell you ALL the ideas that are running around in my mind that I'm sure is run by mignons , then there would be no element of surprise. But here are a few... My two faves are the purple & green dyed and the flag shorts! Tonight I am going to the Airmen's Attic to scout around for good denim that I can turn around and destroy. The Airme

E.L.F. Cosmetic Brushes...Fave or Fail?

    Admittedly I've been using the same Mary Kay makeup brushes for a while now, along with a few other random brands thrown in. I was just satisfied with my MK brushes because they washed well and have help up for a really long time. But it was definitely time for a whole new set and I had trouble making up my mind on which makeup brushes to try. At first my plan was to snag a few from different companies to see what I liked best, but then E.L.F. Cosmetics had a 50% off sale with free shipping over $35. Naturally I had to give it a shot since I was getting so much bang for my buck. I already knew that I wasn't too fond of their cheaper $1 brushes so I opted for the Studio Line which ranges from $3-$10 and I'd heard great reviews. All together I got 15 brushes (1 didn't make it to the picture) for only $37, definitely a steal! Keep reading to find out if it was worth it.     I am extremely pleased with these E.L.F makeup